Saturday 19 January 2013

gifts

Hello internet folk.

Welcome to 2013. I hope yours has been better than mine. Unforunately several of my friends have each experienced a few tragedies since the year began. 

But before that, it was December and my lovely friend Sophie's birthday. She's such a bloomin' rock to me.

So i made her this:



The card had a cassette tape on it. man, i miss old school cassette tapes. although i've got to be honest and say that my cassette tapes mostly consisted of the songs recorded from the soundtrack to Sister Act 2 and Spice Girls songs I stole from the radio. I was of the mixed CD generation. Full disclosure. But i like the nostalgia. and the apple is a little brooch. Soph's going to be a kick ass teacher soon. She's going to totally rock it.

And I got my LOVELY MUM this for Christmas: 



There are so many things that my mum shared with me, mostly films, that I will appreciate until the end of my days. And the film 'Pollyanna' with Hayley Mills is one of them. 

Well if you've somehow found your way here, i belatedly wish you a very happy new year. Please be happy and take care of yourself. 

With love.

2 comments:

  1. That playlist sleeve is NICE. You need to add this onto twitter or facebook because i keep forgetting to look! did you know brighton sewing centre (in the laines) does classes for children on a saturday? you should ask if you could help, i bet you'd be really useful to have around. then, after a few months, you should buy the shop from her. it's all in the planning stages but i think you could do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay, I like this idea. sounds like a really great plan. is there a way i automatically link this and twitter or do i have to copy and paste the link everytime? because, really, that's a big ask. come on internet. don't waste me time.

      Delete