Tuesday 15 September 2015

Hen Do/Wedding Things

 My dearest friend got married a few weeks ago.

It's used to feel so weird when people would say "it goes so quickly" and "you'll wish you could do it again". My cynicist head was like "pah - nonsense".

Then the day went by and I realised we didn't get a photo together and actually, we were both so busy running around, we barely saw each other; I spent more time with the smelly old groom than the bride. But hey ho. (I'm joking - I love the groom too).

First was the hen do. For that I made a flowery powery 'L plate', Because apparently that is a thing that people do on hen do's.



For the wedding, Soph made her bouquet (and very beautiful it was, too). We ended up getting a bouquet from Marks and Spencers and adding a few bits in from my garden. I made all of the bridesmaids bouquets, using baby's breath and white carnations.


The button holes used baby's breath and a bit of hebe. Sophie got the pink flowers from John Lewis. They weren't real. They were really easy to work with; totally looked the part and there was no chance of them wilting (yay).












 


Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment